| Following are predictions for the N-O league Boys X-C top 7, in no particular order.
1. Fisher, 11-Newfane. Lacks speed, but loads of endurance. Defending champion, but has Reubens to contend with. Would be tough to beat if X-C was 10k. Never beaten by Reubens in a 5k.
2. Reubens, 11-Wilson. Runs with the discipline of an East German (but without the steroids.)
3. Truesdell, 10-Wilson. Has beaten Klimchuck consistently in the mile, but hasn't raced him in a 5k for a while. A little bit green, and doesn't have as many capillaries as Klimchuck, Reubens or Fisher.
4. Zayak, 10-Roy-Hart. 10:17 3200m in sectionals. If he trains hard this summer, will be a contender.
5. Lantinen, 12-Barker. Gets in most of his running chasing the cows that get loose. Definitely has the genes.
6. Klimchuck, 10-Akron. Better over 5k than the mile. Middle name is "consistent", and performs well when it counts. Ran sub 17 min. 5k recently.
7. Heshcke, 12-Roy-Hart. Good mile time from track. Soccer recruit with some ability.